See the beauty of the Pacific Northwest and majestic Alaska like never before! Almost like “planes, trains, automobiles” this tour takes you by way of ship, motorcoach and train through spectacular landscapes and gives you a taste of northwestern cityscapes as well. Begin in Seattle before boarding Holland America’s ms Westerdam to start your incredible Inside Passage cruise. Glide along the Alaska waters to see untouched nature, observe wildlife and explore unforgettable ports of call in the Frontier State, including Ketchikan, Juneau and Sitka. The highlight of this cruise will undoubtedly be Glacier National Park with its massive calving glaciers. Your cruise ends with a quick stop in neighboring Canada and the beautiful Island capitol of Victoria. Disembark in Seattle and hop aboard Amtrak’s Coast Starlight to spend an overnight en route to California Wine Country. Tour the world-famous wine country and get the opportunity to taste some of the region’s delicious wines. Then end your trip by leaving your heart in beautiful San Francisco, the “City by the Bay.”
Check out our Travel Blog for more tips and ideas for your Alaska Cruise & West Coast TrainTour!
- 4-Night Hotel Accommodations: Based on twin/double accommodations in moderate hotels and one night in an Amtrak roomette. (Amtrak bedroom if so booked with a Verandah cruise cabin)
- 7-Night Alaska Cruise: Aboard Holland America Cruise Line’s Westerdam. All meals onboard are included.
- Sightseeing: Special events as listed on land portion.
- Baggage Handling: To and from your hotel room and cruise ship cabin throughout your tour for one piece of checked baggage per person.
- Service: A professionally trained driver guide on the land portion. They are knowledgeable on the local area and will provide you with a wealth of information. This friendly service will make your trip a memorable experience.
Click here for full details.
Please note: although all these sites are featured on all departures for this vacation, some departure dates operate in the reverse order.
- See the verdant forests, quaint towns and soaring glaciers of Alaska's Inside Passage
- See Ketchikan's beautiful forestry with views of the Pacific and a fascinating totem collection
- Enjoy an included California winery tour with wine tasting at a local winery
- Marvel at the majestic calving glaciers of Glacier Bay National Park
- Enjoy breathtaking coastal views from a comfortable roomette aboard Amtrak's Coast Starlight train
- Visit Juneau, the capitol of Alaska with its nearby Mendenhall Glacier
- Enjoy a city sightseeing tour in San Francisco and Seattle