Experience many of the best European destination on an unforgettable river cruise, letting the elegant Danube river be your guide! Begin in Munich and explore Schwangau’s Neuschwanstein Castle – the inspiration for Disney’s Sleeping Beauty Castle – en route to the fully-preserved medieval town of Rothenburg o.d. Tauber. Then make your way to Prague for a day of local sightseeing. Head back into Germany toward Passau and embark on the ms Melodia to begin an eight-day river cruise along the Danube. Spend some time in Melk, a city begun in 831 A.D. with the construction of its monastery. Enjoy a day in Vienna with an optional shore excursion package or at your own pace. Visit one of the oldest cities in Hungary, Esztergom, as well as Budapest, nestled atop 80 geothermal springs that make the city famous for its spa treatments. Explore Bratislava, the capital city of Slovakia, and Linz before ending the trip with additional time in Munich.
- 7-Night River Cruise on Danube River: Aboard TUI Melodia in booked cabin category.
- 5-Nights Hotel Accommodations: On land portion based on twin/double accommodations in moderate hotels.
- Sightseeing: Special events as listed. A full program of optional shore excursions will be available at extra cost.
- Meals: All meals on cruise, daily breakfast and two dinners on land tour inclusive of a farewell dinner at the famed Hofbrauhaus in Munich or a brewery lunch during Oktoberfest (Sept 16 only)
- Service: A professionally trained tour director who is knowledgeable on the local area and will provide you with a wealth of information. Their friendly service will make your trip a memorable experience.
- Baggage Handling: To and from your hotel room and cruise ship cabin throughout your tour for one piece of checked baggage per person.
- Explore highlights in five European countries
- See Schloss Neuschwanstein, the real "Sleeping Beauty" castle
- Discover Prague on a full day of sightseeing
- Enjoy a traditional Bavarian dinner and beer with folklore dancing and music in Munich. Guests traveling in September will also enjoy a guided tour of the original Oktoberfest!
“The overall experience was great! We saw more beautiful places than we would have seen if we were on an ocean cruise.”
Josefina B., TX