See the beauty of the Southwest, and witness the amazing colors of Albuquerque’s famous Balloon Fiesta! Start in exciting Phoenix, traveling through the beautiful, red-rock deserts of Sedona and ascend the Colorado Plateau en route to Flagstaff. Take in the magnificent Grand Canyon, the Petrified Forest and Painted Desert, then head to Albuquerque, the Ballooning Capital of the World. Watch as several hundred hot air balloons float against the pure blue skies above Albuquerque – an amazing spectacle to see first-hand! Then, visit Los Alamos and Santa Fe before stopping in Roswell, renowned for its famous UFO sightings. Stop in Ruidoso and Alamogordo, see the snow-white dunes of gypsum sand in White Sands National Park and finish the Southwest adventure by traveling through Tombstone and Tucson.
- Hotel Accommodations: 14 nights based on twin/double accommodations in moderate hotels.
- Sightseeing: Special events as listed.
- Baggage Handling: To and from your hotel room throughout your tour for one piece of checked baggage per person.
- Service: A professionally trained tour director who is knowledgeable on the local area and will provide you with a wealth of information. Their friendly service will make your trip a memorable experience.
Please note: although all these sites are featured on all departures for this vacation, some departure dates operate in the reverse order.
- Behold the red-rock wonders of Sedona
- See the Grand Canyon in all its splendor
- Drive through the scenery of the Petrified Forest and Painted Desert
- Relive the history of the Old West in legendary Tombstone
- Witness the amazing spectacle of the Hot Air Balloon Fiesta
- Soak in the history and culture of the Southwest in Albuquerque and Santa Fe
- Tour Roswell with its fascinating exhibits on the alleged UFO crash site
- Visit incredible Carlsbad Caverns, the largest in the world