Explore the Western Frontiers on the trails of Lewis & Clark, Buffalo Bill and “Dances with Wolves”! This tour takes you to the great origins of the westward expansion of our great country and lets you explore its natural beauty. Start in Denver northbound to Cheyenne, Wyoming where the great Transcontinental Railway got its start, continue via Fort Laramie, the heart of the Oregon Trail, to South Dakota where the Black Hills and its great monumental stone carvings await. Marvel at Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial, worldwide the only mountain carving in progress. Learn about the Wild West in Deadwood and Cody where the Wild Bills once lived. Admission to the great exhibits of “Tatanka-The Story of the Bison” and the Buffalo Bill Center of the West are included- you will surely find the visit amazing. Then our first National Park awaits your visit: Yellowstone! You will be amazed by the colorful geysers, the great canyons and waterfalls as well as the lush valleys that this park will show you. Alpine landscapes will be on view in the close by Tetons and in charming Jackson Hole, before you can dive into prehistoric findings of Utah’s Southeast at Dinosaur National Monument. The spectacular Rocky Mountains and the “Highway to the Sky” round up this spectacularly scenic and educational trip.
YMT Insider tip: For true Wild West & Rodeo fans, the July 27 departure includes a visit to the Cheyenne Frontier Days PRCA Rodeo, the “Daddy of ‘em all” and participation in local activities. Check out the Itinerary for more details.
13-Nights Hotel Accommodations: Based on twin/double accommodations in moderate hotels.
Sightseeing: Special events as listed in the itinerary.
Baggage Handling: To and from your hotel room throughout your tour for one piece of checked baggage per person.
Service: A professionally trained tour director who is knowledgeableon the local area and will provide you with a wealth of information. This friendly service will make your trip a memorable experience.
Click here for full details.
- Marvel at Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial, the world renowned mountain carvings
- Travel through the Black Hills and the Plains, learning about the westward expansion, the native American culture and the great battle at Little Big Horn
- Explore the vibrant colors of Yellowstone National Park with its geyers and canyons.
- Visit the Buffalo Bill Center of the West and explore the exhibits of 4 Natural History Museums in one complex.
- Be inspired by the majestic alpine Tetons and the Rocky Mountains. Follow the Highway to the Sky!
- Learn about the massive Dinosaur and Mammoth excavations in Utah and South Dakota