INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We may collect, use, store, and transfer different kinds of personal information about you, including the following:
Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, email address, marital status, title, gender, telephone number, date of birth, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identity card details, loyalty membership details, emergency contact details, and any information about other persons you represent (such as those on your booking).
Your bank details and payment card details when making a booking with us. Details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
Booking and Interaction Information
Products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. Your marketing preference, reasons for travel, travel preferences and special needs/disabilities/dietary requirements that you supply us or is supplied to us, including your social preferences, interests and activities. Information about interactions or conversations with us and our staff, including when you make inquiries, comments, complaints, or submit feedback to us.
Use of Our Systems
This includes how you use our Sites, call centers, and/or social media pages, IP addresses, geolocation, other online identifiers, interaction with advertisements and information you may post on social media.
If you apply for a job with us, your resume, work history, educational details, and the role you are applying for.
Special Types of Data
In certain circumstances, we may need to collect information from you about your health. Knowing any medical conditions you have will ensure that the trip is suitable for you.
“Personal information,” does not include publicly available information that is lawfully made available to the general public from federal, state, or local government records.
Your information is collected when you request information from us, contact us (and vice versa), make a booking, use our Sites and any other engagement we or our business partners have with you.
Our Sites may contain links to third party websites or micro-sites not controlled or owned by us. For example, reference sites or ancillary products and services sites or websites owned by our sister companies. It is your responsibility to check the status of these sites before using them. Please read their applicable terms and conditions carefully.
We will update your information whenever we can to keep it current, accurate and complete.
Our Use of Your Information
We use personal information for operational, legal and other reasons such as(1) For the purpose of providing you with our services, including your flight, holiday, security, incident/accident management or insurance, etc., we may disclose and process your information to third parties. In order for you to travel abroad, it may be mandatory (as required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose and process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. Some countries will only permit travel if you provide your advance passenger data (for example Caricom API and US secure flight data). These requirements may differ depending on your destination and you are advised to check. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
(2) We may collect, and disclose to others, the information you provide to us and our group companies and brands for business purposes and also third-party companies and our third-party service providers for the purposes set forth below in this Section 2. If you do provide us with your information, we will only share it for the purposes described at the point of collection. We will not sell, license, transmit or disclose this information outside of the Company for any other purpose unless (a) you expressly authorize us to do so, or; (b) it is necessary to allow our service providers or agents to provide services to you or; (c) it is disclosed to entities that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other entities with whom we have joint marketing agreements; (d) it is necessary in connection with a sale of all or substantially all of the assets of the Company or the merger of Company into another entity or any consolidation, share exchange, combination, reorganization, bankruptcy or like transaction in which the Company is not the survivor; (e) it is necessary in connection with other business purposes including, without limitation, administration, service, customer care, quality and improvement related activity, business management and operation, risk assessment/management, security, fraud and crime prevention/detection, monitoring, research and analysis, social media, reviews, advertising and marketing, loyalty programs, profiling customer purchasing preferences, activities and trends, dispute resolution/litigation, credit checking and debt collection, or; (f) otherwise as we are required or permitted by law.
(3) We may use your information to personalize your experience, optimize our websites and apps, and for other promotional and marketing purposes as described in this policy.If you do not agree to Our Use of Your Information above, we cannot engage/do business with you or accept your booking.
(1) Using your information, we may from time to time contact you with or make available to you (directly or indirectly) information on offers of goods and services, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions from our holiday divisions and our group companies or third-parties as set above (“Our Use of Your Information”). We will tailor the information you receive or see; this will enable us to make available to you more personalized and relevant communications. We may use innovative technologies and work with our third-party business partners to achieve this.
(2) We will assume you agree to email when you make an e-booking or provide us with your email in other situations such as in-store, competitions, promotions, prize draws and social media.
Upon request via postal mail, e-mail, or telephone, we will provide you a summary of your information retained by the Company. As allowed by law and consistent with our applicable business partner agreements, you may modify, correct, change, or request the Company to delete or update information that you have supplied to us through the Sites by contacting the Company via postal mail to: YMT Vacations, Legal Department, 3830 Monte Villa Parkway, Suite 210, Bothell, WA 98021; or, to the extent available, you can amend your previous preference either: (i) directly on our website(s); (ii) by using our “unsubscribe email” available on every marketing email sent by the Company; (iii) by opting-out of personalized emails; or (iv) by referring to our literature containing instructions on how to opt-out of marketing communications. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
Our Sites are not directed to persons under the age of 13. We do not collect information from children under 13 other than as when necessary to comply with the law or for safety reasons. If you are under the age of 13, you must ask your parent or guardian to assist you in using our Sites. Furthermore, we may restrict entries to any contests, sweepstakes or promotions to entrants who are at least 18 years of age.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
This section is applicable to residents of California. If you are a resident of California, you have certain rights described below. The following do not apply to individuals who do not live in California on a permanent basis.
Rights Provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83
A California resident who has provided personal data to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (a “California Customer”) may request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal data, upon receipt of a request by a California Customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal data was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal data that were disclosed. California Customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by mailing us at YMT Vacations, Legal Department, 3830 Monte Villa Parkway, Suite 210, Bothell, WA 98021. Please note that we are only required to respond to two requests per California Customer each year under Code Section 1798.83.
Rights Under the California Consumer Privacy Act
You have a Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold.
The above sections describe how we collect, use, and disclose your personal information. YMT Vacations does not sell the personal information.
If you would like to request a copy of your information, please download and complete the Access Request Application Form available Here. Mail the completed form to us at YMT Vacations, Legal Department, 3830 Monte Villa Parkway, Suite 210, Bothell, WA 98021.
You have a Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information about You.
California consumers have a right to request the deletion of their personal information collected or maintained by YMT Vacations. If you would like information about you to be deleted, please download and complete the Deletion Request Application Form available Here. Mail the completed form to us at YMT Vacations, Legal Department, 3830 Monte Villa Parkway, Suite 210, Bothell, WA 98021.
Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information
California consumers have a right to opt-out of the sale of their personal information. YMT Vacations however, does not sell Personal Information.
Right to Non-Discrimination for the Exercise of a Consumer’s Privacy Rights
You have a right not to receive discriminatory treatment by YMT Vacations for exercising any of your privacy rights conferred by the CCPA. YMT Vacations will not discriminate against any California consumer because such person exercised any of the consumer’s rights under CCPA, including, but not limited to:
- Denying goods or services.
- Charging different prices or rates for goods and services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggesting that the consumer will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
YMT Vacations may, however, charge a different price or rate, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is related to the value provided to you by your data.
If you would like, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf. We will deny requests from agents that do not submit proof of authorization from you. To verify that an authorized agent has authority to act for you, we may require a copy of a power of attorney or require that you provide the authorized agent with written permission and verify your own identity with us.
No data transmissions over the Internet are completely secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us over the Internet. You transmit such information at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. We use reasonable efforts to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach or other unintended, unauthorized or criminal activity.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
Any changes to this Policy will be either posted on our website, brochure and/or made available on request. In the event we materially change the way in which we use your information, we will provide you with at least 30 days’ notice and ask you to affirmatively accept the changes.