Coronavirus Update (April 7)
In response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the elevated travel restrictions, government advisements, and most importantly, to ensure the safety of our guests, YMT Vacations is extending our temporary suspension of global operations for travel from April 30 through June 30, 2020.
YMT continues to monitor the Travel Advisories published by the U.S. State Department in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
For Trips Departing Before or on June 30*
With the temporary suspension of operations, YMT is offering the following for travel through June 30, 2020:
- YMT will waive fees and penalties and provide a future travel credit** for 100% of your cruise, river cruise, land and optional tour payments. This credit may be used on any future YMT Vacation.*** If you purchased air through YMT we will provide a future travel credit for the cost of the airfare less the applicable airline penalties. You will receive an email statement reflecting your future travel credit amount within the next four weeks. To expedite the process and ensure guests have adequate time to adjust travel plans without worry, we will automatically assign this future travel credit to your YMT account. Note: Allianz travel insurance can be transferred to a future travel date.
*Excludes Oberammergau departures.
**Your Future Travel Credit reservation is set to expire 2 years from date of issue and is non-transferable. The final value will be less any credits you may receive directly from our vendors.
***For select Alaska Cruise departure dates the Future Travel Credit may only be used on another YMT Vacations Holland America Cruise Line (HAL) Alaska cruise due to HAL policies. For select Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL) departures the Future Travel Credit may only be used on another YMT Vacations NCL cruise due to NCL policies.
For All Non-Suspended Travel (Beyond June 30 Departures)
We have instituted temporary payment and rebooking policies for departures after June 30. We understand that guests may have concerns about travel and we want to provide you with more flexibility around your travel decisions.
- Payment Deadlines: We are temporarily reducing our second deposit due date from 180 days to 120 days before travel, and final payments from 100 days to 90 days before travel for all cruises and tours.
- Rebooking Prior to Final Payment: For travelers with new and existing bookings, deposits may be moved to any other destination or itinerary in 2020 or 2021 without penalty*** prior to final payment.
- Rebooking After Final Payment:
- Land Tours: YMT is temporarily waiving cancellation penalties**** up to 30 days prior to departure for all land tours. Other than airline assessed fees, the full value of what you have paid will be provided as a future travel credit. Airline fees are based on your specific ticket, and typically $300 per person. If you choose a trip or departure that is more expensive than the original, you are responsible for the difference in price; if the trip or departure is less expensive than the original, a future travel credit will be issued for the difference. Normal penalties apply for full cancellation without rebooking or cancellations within 30 days of departure.
- Cruise Tours: For all tours with a cruise component, rebooking policies vary by cruise line, by destination and by departure date. YMT will follow the cruise partners rebooking policy and apply a future travel credit if applicable. Land tour policies apply for the land portion of the tour.
- Cancellations: If you are cancelling, these requests will be treated as a regular requests for change or cancellation and standard fees per our terms and conditions will be applied.
For questions, updates or booking inquiries, contact 800-231-1234. Please check this page frequently as the situation is evolving and new conditions may apply.
****Deposits and final payments remain non-refundable. Cancellation penalties refer to applicable cancellation fees within final payment, provided in the form of a Future Travel Credit. Cancellation penalties exclude Oberammergau and all River Cruises. Air penalties and charges may apply. May be withdrawn at any time. Your Future Travel Credit reservation is set to expire 2 years from date of issue and is non-transferable. The final value will be less any credits you may receive directly from our vendors.
Oberammergau Passion Play 2020 Update (March 19)
We have just been informed by the Passion Play’s organizing committee that they will be suspending the plays 2020 production until 2022 in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, and recent further restrictions by the Bavarian and German governments. We’re sure this news comes as a disappointment to you, as it most certainly does to us.
In light of this development, please know that:
- We are in touch with the Passion Play’s organizing committee, and are in the process of gathering additional information. As you can imagine, this is a developing situation that will take time to fully sort out.
- We will be determining a path forward for all of our guests. Again, this will take some time.
- We will be reaching out to you with additional information over the next few weeks, contacting guests on our closest-in departure dates first.
Please do not call into the YMT Vacations office at this time. We know that you have been planning – perhaps even for years – to attend this historic event, and that you’re anxious to learn more. Please bear with us as we gather additional information, formulate our plans, and begin reaching out to you and our many other impacted guests. We appreciate your patience as we work through this unprecedented situation.
YMT is proactively suspending the operation of China itineraries – and those vacations that include stops in China - through October 2020. Our guest services team is contacting guests affected by these cancellations to adjust their travel plans.
For the health and safety of all our guests, there are likely to be increased health and safety requirements. We continue to monitor the situation closely to determine if additional modifications and updates are needed in accordance with U.S. and international travel advisements and policies. For more information about the Coronavirus including tips on prevention, please visit the U.S. Center for Disease Control's website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html.
Some governments and cruise lines have implemented restrictions that limit the arrival of travelers who have traveled from/visited or transited through countries impacted by the Coronavirus. If you have recently traveled in one of the identifies regions we recommend that you check the current travel policy of your final destination or cruise line.